Head Luthier Position
Salary: $20-$25 hourly pay will be based on related work experience. To be considered, all related work experience must be listed on the application.
Full-Time, 40 hour/per week, daily hours TBD
Required Documents Needed:
Resume, three professional references, and picture portfolio of completed work.
- Supervisory and non-supervisory roles: three (3) professional references
About Knoxville, TN
Knoxville is a beautiful city that sits on the Tennessee River, nestled to the Great Smoky Mountains. The city is filled with cultural events, restaurants and night life, as well as being home to the Knoxville Symphony and the University of Tennessee College of Music. The area is rich in string education with over 2,000 students enrolled in various school orchestra classes, homeschool co-ops and Knoxville Symphony Youth Orchestra. This region is experiencing rapid growth.
Serve as the head luthier of violin family repair/restoration/rental shop.
Violin, viola, cello and bass repairs and restorations.
Skills and abilities
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Basic computer software knowledge – Google sheets (spreadsheets), email, etc.
- Providing guidance in repair and maintenance of the rental instruments
- Able to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds
- Able to climb stairs, ladders, step stools with instruments in hand
- Able to work with machines (bandsaws, sanders, grinders) and sharp tools
- Violin Repair Certification or equivalent professional experience is mandatory.
- Over 3 years experience is preferred
- Bow repair and re-hair are preferred.
Full-time Employment Benefits:
- Health Insurance Reimbursement
- Two Weeks (10 business days) vacation starting
- Three paid holidays for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
- 4 paid sick days
- Longevity/years in company increases vacation/sick days
About Wilhite Strings
Wilhite Strings has been serving Knoxville and the east Tennessee string community for over 26 years. The business works hand-in-hand with all surrounding school systems. We experience steady growth through referrals for violin restoration, repair and bow work.